The Permian Basin Chapter is a Chapter of the Texas Society of Professional Engineers (TSPE). TSPE is a state society affiliated with the National Society of Professional Engineers.
|The mission of the Chapter and TSPE is to promote the ethical, competent, and licensed practice of engineering, and to enhance the professional, social and economic well being of its members.|
|In order to assist the engineering profession in its responsibilities to protect the public health, safety and property, the Texas Society of Professional Engineers is dedicated to the following:|
- The restriction of the practice of engineering to properly qualified and licensed persons,
- The maintenance and observance of high ethical standards of conduct,
- The support of high standards of formal educational preparation for the practice of engineering,
- The continuing professional development of members of the engineering profession,
- The focusing of appropriate public attention upon engineering responsibilities and engineering accomplishments for the purpose of attracting qualified persons to the practice of engineering,
- The providing of appropriate assistance to its members to facilitate the pursuit of their professional goals.